Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

the before decorations shot

Today is my birthday, which marks another year in the 30's. I hope this year I can really stick to swimming and getting in shape. This is my wish to myself. Happy birthday me!

In more important news- the house is all Christmas ready. We made almond roca and ginger bread cake this year. The sun is out, the fire is going, and I've got a hot cup of joe next to me. I'm a bit sad not to see family this year and stay home. But, I think it's about balance. This year I want to not rush out the door and let the kids enjoy their goodies. Also, getting a stomach bug will slow any holiday travels.


Chris and I went to a Raider's game for our Christmas gift to each other. That was fun and something to enjoy ever few years. Really, I don't know how people can do that on a regular basis. Football events are serious business.

There is so much I want to remember this holiday season, but for this moment it's my kids hugs and love today.

No comments: