Friday, April 23, 2010

Foodie Friday- Ranch Dressing

This one. Oh, man. Two words- Life Changing! I love me my homemade ranch dressing. So far we've used it on salad, as dip for veggies, on sandwiches, dip for pizza, in mashed potatoes, with pretzels and chips, and some more goodies. There are many variations on how much seasoning to add, but I make a doubled batch with half the seasoning otherwise it's too spicy for the kids. There are lots of spices to add, but here's what my little family has been most pleased with.

Ranch Dressing:

-1 cup buttermilk
-1 cup mayo
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp onion powder
-2 tsp fresh minced flat leaf parsley

Blend all ingredients in the blender then refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to let the flavors become best buds. Once you taste this lovely concoction you won't want to buy the bottled versions.

*Sorry no pictures. We keep eating it up too fast!

No comments: