Monday, November 16, 2009

Warmth of the Fire

Despite some melt downs by C today and stress that Chris has had to bring home from work- we are having a great Monday. Maybe it's the 2 cups of coffee that I've had, or the sweet tea from lunch. Maybe it's the fact that lunch was packed the night before and the house was cleaned before bedtime. Maybe it's because E and I had a lovely morning stroll. Maybe it's because I was able to wash my car at 10 am. Maybe it was that the baby woke cheerfully and easy going.

Or maybe it was the warmth of the fire burning in the wood burning stove. The heat from the stove warms me down to the core. Not like the heater that blows stale warm air (but I am grateful for the alternative) I just feel like a house is cozy with the glow of the fire around us. The kids move about the house more cheerfully. C and I have declared today a drawing day. There's really nothing like home sweet home.

No comments: