Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's not alway easy...

There are many days where I wondered if I'll get around to this post. Putting it into words seems too scary to me, but here I go... I don't think I can describe it all. I'm already getting choked up thinking about his face that day, the sound of the sirens coming to the house, the look on my kids face when the shit hit the fan and mom went in panic mode, and the sheer gratitude I had that Chris was home that day. My little guy at 2 weeks old breathless and needing hospitalization. The 8 day hospital stay was grueling and horrible. He suffered- but also got well. I missed S and C sooo bad it hurt and watching E go through what he went through hurt even more.
What got us through this? Prayer, doctors, time, great family and friends, and lots of love. Chris and I came together like never before. We fought for our little guy so hard. We always said we're a good team. I am also so thankful that our kids were taken care of at home and that we have such good ones. They still talk about the whole ordeal and I imagine they will for a while, but they are so understanding.

All I can say for the care we received in our county- don't get sick here. Don't need an ambulance here. But for the care we received on transfer outta here- thank you Lord. They were awesome. Awesome.

And now. He's better. I say healthy, but he's still clogged. He still gags here and there. Every once and a while my heart stops and I watch the rise and fall of his chest. Like tonight- I'm up watching and hovering. But I know he'll be better and I can breath easier. The stress will lessen with time and normal life will begin again. I'm just so thankful for him, for my family of 5 now!

For more information on RSV go to the CDC.

No comments: